Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hungry!

So I went to a cycling class this morning and when I came home my body was screaming for some food. Unfortunatly I have not been grocery shopping for over two weeks (I know that is really bad) because we have been out of town so much. We litteraly have just about nothing. I open the capnet and found some whole wheat pasta, a jar of peanut butter, and a bag of peanuts. I thought to myself, "Hey I'll make peanut sauce and noodles."

I grab these basic ingredients from my kitchen for the sauce.
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tbsp white vinegar
  • 2 tbsp of crushed peanut 
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp red pepper
I mixed all these ingredients in a pan and cooked it on low for around 5 minutes poured it over 3oz of whole wheat noodles and Bang! It seriously was the best tasting lunch I've had in a really long time. Cheers for being resourceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment