Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where Do I Begin?

I have never taken the time to start anything like a blog. I suppose I've never thought that I had much to share with others. It is just recently that I have decided I would like to have some kind of a creative outlet. I am by no means a writer. I actually have a very hard time sharing thoughts and ideas in written form. I hope this will give me an opportunity to increase my creative thought process by means of writing. I will initially be posting things that excite and move me in some way. My own little pleasures that make my life worth living. 

The first thing that comes to mind is of course my family. My fiance' Adam and I are proud new parents to a beautiful baby boy. He was born January 8th 2011 and we named him James Julian. He is named James after his father and grandfather. My fiance' goes by his middle name Adam, so we have decided that Julian would do the same. Today Julian turned 5 months and I really can not believe how fast it has flown by. Everyone always tells you that it will but I really had no idea that it could be such a flash before my eyes. Becoming a mother has really opened my eyes to so many life changing experiences. The Chinese writer Lin Yutang said "Of all the rights of a women, the greatest is to be a mother." I really do agree with him. Of all the things I have done in my life, I have never felt a real strong sense of purpose until now.


One of my favorite things is to watch Adam and Jules interact. Adam is such a good father and really has been very involved in helping me with all the new, scary, and exciting things that come with being a new parent. I wake up every morning feeling like I am the luckiest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment